Posted to user@jclouds.apache.org by Andrew Gaul <ga...@apache.org> on 2017/07/03 21:47:54 UTC

remove EMC Atmos provider?

Does anyone use the EMC Atmos provider?  As I understand it, EMC has not
developed this in some years, preferring the S3 and Swift protocols for
its products.  Atmos is a bit of an odd bird, having more of a
filesystem interface and semantics than an object store and lacking
features like multi-part upload and server-side filtering.  The recent
disappearance of Atmos Online leaves me unable to test the provider for
the jclouds 2.0.2 release.  I would like to remove the Atmos provider if
no one is using it.

--
Andrew Gaul
http://gaul.org/

Re: remove EMC Atmos provider?

Posted by Andrew Gaul <ga...@apache.org>.
I found that AT&T Synaptic offers a public Atmos provider which our
integration tests mostly pass.  fog and libcloud continue to provide
Atmos support and I believe Dell/EMC ECS supports Atmos API as well as
S3.  Thus we should give Atmos a reprieve.

Except that I want to improve our object listing support, preferring
prefix and delimiters over our fake directory support:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCLOUDS-1066

I will investigate this more but I do not want to do a bunch of hacking
to support an unused provider.  Please speak up if you use Atmos.

Posted by Ignasi Barrera <na...@apache.org>.