Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Cyril Rognon <cr...@objectiva.fr> on 2002/02/04 17:35:28 UTC

fop issue

Hi list

I have posted some message about this before, but it went unnoticed.

Whenever I use multiple pages table, FOP goes really fast eating memory. It
seems that even with multi page sequences that contains multi pages table,
the memory grows over and over as the document is rendered.

I would like to know why my page sequence division seems not to influence
the memory consumption.

Please help, this feature may prevent me from using FO.

I use 0.20.3rc. I can send sample code.

Thanks for any answer, even if it is "wait for the redesign" or "re-phrase
the question" :))

Cyril

Re: fop issue

Posted by Cyril Rognon <cr...@objectiva.fr>.
Hi Corinna,

I understand that I have to wait for the redesign to have tremendous
optimization.

One question left : is it normal that using many page-sequences does not
reduce my memory footprint ?

Thanks.

I'll try to contribute to this redesign as much as I can. (starting with
the documentation right now)

Cyril

Re: fop issue

Posted by Corinna Hischke <co...@infix.de>.