Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Andrew Savory <an...@luminas.co.uk> on 2007/05/01 17:02:19 UTC

Re: [2.2] Can't build with empty local repository (problems with cocoon-deployer-plugin)

Hi,

On 7 Mar 2007, at 10:24, Bart Molenkamp wrote:

> I've tried to build Cocoon with an empty local repository, block
> "Cocoon
> Samples Style Default Block" has a dependency on cocoon-deployer-
> plugin
> version 1.0.0-M2-SNAPSHOT which can't be found on any snapshot server.
> This aftifact was available in my local repository.
>
> Is the version in the pom incorrect?

I'm seeing the same problem. The cocoon-deployer-plugin version
should be 1.0.0-SNAPSHOT afaict. But when Cocoon is built, you will
end up with M2-SNAPSHOT in your repository!

Updating the pom.xml didn't fix it for me, for some reason I had to
download it manually and install using:

mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=org.apache.cocoon -
DartifactId=cocoon-deployer-plugin -Dversion=1.0.0-SNAPSHOT -
Dpackaging=maven-plugin -Dfile=/path/to/cocoon-trunk/cocoon-deployer-
plugin-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar

I had this problem on cocoon-apples-sample and cocoon-samples-style
blocks.

It seems that the Cocoon build is not creating cocoon-deployer-plugin
before some dependencies require it?

Thanks,

Andrew.
--
Andrew Savory, Managing Director, Sourcesense UK
Tel: +44 (0)870 741 6658  Fax: +44 (0)700 598 1135