Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by robert burrell donkin <ro...@blueyonder.co.uk> on 2003/07/09 19:49:16 UTC

Re: XML Beans advertised on Jakarta ... Re: Vote for XMLBeans proposal

On Wednesday, July 9, 2003, at 03:01 PM, Andrew C. Oliver wrote:
> On 7/7/03 2:09 PM, "robert burrell donkin"
> <ro...@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
>>
>> XMLBeans feels (to me) like a jakarta component but if xml are happy to
>> manage it, i'd say that it'd probably work out easier that way. there
>> isn'
>> t any reason why XMLBeans couldn't be visible on the jakarta website and
>> as part of the jakarta community (which seem to be the main advantages
>> which components see in joining jakarta) whilst being managed by the xml
>> pmc (which would host their site and primary link).
>
> I'd object to that personally.  We link projects which were in Jakarta
> historically and have become top level projects, but we do not link all of
> the XML projects.  I'd object to that not only on practical concerns but
> with the logic "Then I'd like POI linked from the XML site" ;-)

why shouldn't POI be linked from the XML site as well as the jakarta one?

- robert

Re: XML Beans advertised on Jakarta ... Re: Vote for XMLBeans proposal

Posted by "Andrew C. Oliver" <ac...@apache.org>.
On 7/9/03 1:49 PM, "robert burrell donkin"
<ro...@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

>> I'd object to that personally.  We link projects which were in Jakarta
>> historically and have become top level projects, but we do not link all of
>> the XML projects.  I'd object to that not only on practical concerns but
>> with the logic "Then I'd like POI linked from the XML site" ;-)
>
> why shouldn't POI be linked from the XML site as well as the jakarta one?

Maybe because its not an XML project under the XML PMC and has never been
such?  Maybe because the leftnav would get very long if every project on
Apache was listed on the every other one?  Though its fine with me... ;-)

> - robert

Andrew C. Oliver

http://jakarta.apache.org/poi
For Java and Excel, Got POI?