Posted to dev@cayenne.apache.org by Michael Gentry <mg...@masslight.net> on 2014/01/30 18:13:34 UTC

SonarQube Analysis

If you are curious/interested:

http://nemo.sonarqube.org/components/index/356933

Re: SonarQube Analysis

Posted by Aristedes Maniatis <ar...@maniatis.org>.
I've been slightly using Sonar for some years here. It has proved useful as a way to find some simple improvements (StringBuilder instead of adding Strings, etc) but on the whole any of the 'issues' less than "blocker" level aren't terribly useful. [1] And these days IDEs have a lot of this analysis built-in.

It was useful to me for a while as a stick to beat the developers into increasing their javadoc coverage and for its unit test coverage reports.

Ari

[1] "equals(Object obj)" and "hashCode()" should be overridden in pairs
is a good example of where it can catch subtle problems.

--
-------------------------->
Aristedes Maniatis

Re: SonarQube Analysis

Posted by Michael Gentry <mg...@masslight.net>.

Re: SonarQube Analysis

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.

Re: SonarQube Analysis

Posted by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com>.

Re: SonarQube Analysis

Posted by Michael Gentry <mg...@masslight.net>.
Better than I was expecting, to be honest, but still way cool.  Could be a
useful tool to plug some holes, too.

If you look at the top level, you can see Cayenne is one of the larger
Apache projects, too (second column):

http://nemo.sonarqube.org/dashboard/index/176190

Re: SonarQube Analysis

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.