Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Eric Webber <st...@ureach.com> on 2002/02/25 19:41:03 UTC

LXP, APACHE auth_module with html form, & mod_auth_pg questions

LXP, APACHE auth_module with html form, & mod_auth_pg questions

trying to get a handle on different authorization
models and  mod_auth_pg for
Apache authentication and interactions with LXP

Also, is there a way to use an html form instead
of web browsers login prompt yet still utilize
the .htpasswd and remote_user constructs that
apache provides with auth_module.

I am looking for a good set of documention on using
mod_auth_pg, since there seem to be several versions
of greater or lesser freshness floating around.

Also wondering if LXP and mod_auth_pg interact in anyway
of if there is a better way to handle auth with LXP alone
or a philosophy for having them work well together.

I highly recommend you check out LXP, a postgres/apache
application server of exceeding excellence.

warmest regards,

Eric Sean Webber

Re: Virtual Hosts

Posted by Pete Starzewski <ps...@gbp.com>.
What is in your error_log?

RE: Virtual Hosts

Posted by Darrel Austin <da...@visi.com>.
On your port 82 box, set up a virtual domain for isdponline.com

Then go to isdponline.com:82 and see if that works. If it does, then
it is a DNS issue. If not, then it is a virtual domain issue.

As it is now, what happens when you just type in mail.isdponline.com?
It should go to the default root of the web server on port 80 (unless
you set up a virtual server on that, too). Does it do that? If so,
then it probably isn't a DNS issue.

One thought...point mail.isdponline.com to your web server. Have that
page forward to 192.168.1.102:82. That would accomplish the same
thing, and, IMHO, be cleaner for the end user because they wouldn't
have to remember the port all of the time.

-Darrel

RE: Virtual Hosts

RE: Virtual Hosts

Posted by Darrel Austin <da...@visi.com>.

RE: Virtual Hosts

Re: Virtual Hosts

Posted by Owen Boyle <ob...@bourse.ch>.
> From: Darrel Austin [mailto:daustin@visi.com]
>
> Is apache listening on port 82?
>
> "S. David Sheeks" wrote:
>
> yes

Dear David,

The mailinglist doesn't work like twenty-questions. You will get a
solution to your problem much faster if you compose a well thought-out
query which describes your system well (what is standard, what is
peculiar), your problem (what you want to happen, what is actually
happening) and what you've tried so far and what were the results.

If this seems like a lot of work, think how much more work it is to
figure out your problem from the other end of the line - if you can't be
bothered forming an informative query, why should anyone else be
bothered answering it?

Read Eric Raymond's guide
http://www.tuxedo.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html for more
information.

Rgds,

Owen Boyle.

RE: Virtual Hosts

Posted by "S. David Sheeks" <sd...@isdponline.com>.
Yes..mail.isdponline.com and isdponline.com go to the same ip

Posted by Darrel Austin <da...@visi.com>.

RE: Virtual Hosts

Posted by "S. David Sheeks" <sd...@isdponline.com>.
yes