Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by corcorda <da...@gmail.com> on 2007/09/11 16:46:42 UTC

programmatically purging all queues

Hi,

I'm looking for a way to iterate over all queues matching a certain pattern
and removing all messages from them.

I'm using ActiveMQ for several different software environments and when a
particular environment is restarted it needs to purge its queue. Each queue
looks like "environment_name.task_name.etc". When an environment is started
I want to purge (or remove) all queues/messages below "environment_name".

I know you can call purge on a destination and also the following page
explains that you can get a list of destinations:
http://activemq.apache.org/how-can-i-see-what-destinations-are-used.html
but I'm struggling to put the code together. Any help would be great.

The broker is remote and I'm using ActiveMQ 4.1.1

Thanks