Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Drasko Kokic <dr...@yahoo.com> on 2001/04/16 21:41:25 UTC

[C1.8.2] ESQL: RuntimeException

Hi there,

I have tried to use <esql:parameter> element for the
prepared statements and have hit this exception.

The message contains the following description:
Error executed prepared statment: ...

I have seen that Donald just repackages exceptions
into the RuntimeExceptions ... is there a better way
to handle this matter.

The reason why it fails is that the variable contains
longer string than the database column is dimension to
accept.  If I don't use prepared statements than I get
normal error message with the Oracle number and
description.

Drasko

http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/

xsp:pi

Posted by Frans Thamura <ft...@yahoo.com>.
Dear All,

I am in the deadline, and I choose cocoon as a engine
for my company engine. Would you answer my question?

I need your help, do you know how to put xsp:pi in the
xsp:page, can you give me the sample.

The xsp:pi have a logic <xsp:if>

Because the sample in the web site is not working...

http://auctions.yahoo.com/

xsp:pi

Re: [C1.8.2] ESQL: RuntimeException

Posted by Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>.
On Mon, 16 Apr 2001, Drasko Kokic wrote:

> I have tried to use <esql:parameter> element for the
> prepared statements and have hit this exception.
>
> The message contains the following description:
> Error executed prepared statment: ...
>
> I have seen that Donald just repackages exceptions
> into the RuntimeExceptions ... is there a better way
> to handle this matter.
>
> The reason why it fails is that the variable contains
> longer string than the database column is dimension to
> accept.  If I don't use prepared statements than I get
> normal error message with the Oracle number and
> description.

hmm. i'll look into it. suggestions for better exception handling would be
great.

- donald