Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org> on 2006/11/17 14:02:37 UTC

Graphics Designer for Cocoon

Gang,

I have just hired a Graphics Designer here at CodeDragons, and we don't
think we will manage to fill his pipeline with commercial work from the
start. I have previously promised that he will be available some of the time
for work at Cocoon. He knows html and css a little bit, but it is not his
main skill. He makes graphics. Icons, logos, photo assemblies and so forth.
I have not hired him for Flash work, but I think he know a bit of that as
well.

His name is Thien Luh Tay, and will shortly start subscribing to this list,
which is probably as alien as a Hortoculture mailing list would be to most
of us. He is also not experienced in open source, nor doing work on
distance. So, I am requesting a few things;

 1. Any thread you start that you want him to read, put [graphics] in the
subject. That would make it real easy for him to filter the scary noise.

 2. Start thinking of what kind of stuff you want him to do.

 3. Try to educate in a friendly manner, the principles of OSS
collaboration.

I am on the road and not reading my mail very often, so I won't be around to
follow up how this goes until I am back in the office in 10-14 days.

Cheers
Niclas