Posted to dev@apr.apache.org by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com> on 2001/02/27 16:09:39 UTC

apr_private.h.in

Argf.... I *think* that autoheader requires that we do
AC_CHECK_HEADERS to check for header files in order to
populate apr_private.h.in. Is that right??

If so, unless we can think of something else, we need to
          "Hell is hot, that's never been disputed by anybody."

Re: apr_private.h.in

Posted by Greg Stein <gs...@lyra.org>.
On Tue, Feb 27, 2001 at 11:14:36AM -0500, Jim Jagielski wrote:
> Greg Stein wrote:
> >
> > No...
> >
> > We *are* using AC_CHECK_HEADERS right now. Look at the first line in
> > APR_FLAG_HEADERS(). My apr_private.h.in is populating quite fine. What are
> > you seeing?
> >

> Do a ./buildconf so that autoheader is called. You'll see that
> apr_private.h.in isn't being correctly built.

Duh, Jim. Give me a bit of credit. I've been doing autoheader all night long
checking this stuff out.

It works totally fine on my system. autoheader 2.13.

I'll ask again: WHAT are you seeing? Do you have a log? A snippet from
apr_private.h.in? How can we diagnose the problem if you just keep saying
"it's broken, so I'm reverting."

We aren't going to be able to find the problems if the code isn't in there.

Send some text so we can see what is happening.

Also, try calling APR_FLAG_HEADERS() without the backslahes in the list.

Grumpily,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/

Re: apr_private.h.in

Posted by Greg Stein <gs...@lyra.org>.
On Tue, Feb 27, 2001 at 10:09:39AM -0500, Jim Jagielski wrote:
> Argf.... I *think* that autoheader requires that we do
> AC_CHECK_HEADERS to check for header files in order to
> populate apr_private.h.in. Is that right??
>
> If so, unless we can think of something else, we need to

No...

We *are* using AC_CHECK_HEADERS right now. Look at the first line in
APR_FLAG_HEADERS(). My apr_private.h.in is populating quite fine. What are
you seeing?

Cheers,
-g

--