Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Rachel Greenham <ra...@enetgroup.co.uk> on 2000/11/22 12:54:28 UTC

Re: auto generating web.xml

On Tuesday 21 November 2000 19:36, you wrote:
> Hi Rachel,
> Just wondering how do you plan to auto generate these web.xml files and how
> would you input the criteria. Thanks for the feedback.

Well, we haven't finalized it yet, but we do have a class naming scheme for
our servlet classes, so it might be as simple as writing a script that does a
search for "*Servlet.class" and creates aliases based on the rest of the name
preceding that. Possibly. Or we might do it a similar way to the way we're
doing JSP TLD auto-generation, where we have a web-application written using
the same tags which we use to document the tags, and then we generate a tld
from that documentation. There's some benefit to that as the configuration
arises out of the documentation, which we need anyway, so it should stay in
sync.

--
Rachel