Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Konstantinos Karadamoglou <kk...@googlemail.com> on 2006/04/03 17:53:10 UTC

OutOfMemoryError problem

Hello all,

I created an ant build file which contains only one target. This is an
aggregation of other targets located to other ant build files. The
reason of creating the the build file is because I cannot modify the
other build files.

The target is simple like that:

< some properties/>

<target name="build-all">
		<ant antfile="configure.xml" target="clean" />
		<ant antfile="configure.xml" target="configure" />
		<ant antfile="build.xml" target="clean" />
		<ant antfile="build.xml" target="clean-app1" />
		<ant antfile="build.xml" target="build-app1" />
		<ant antfile="build.xml" target="build" />
                <ant antfile="database.xml" target="gen" />
</target>

The problem that I have is that ant goes out of memory :

  ([javac] The system is out of resources.
  [javac] Consult the following stack trace for details.
  [javac] java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space)

 when it tries to compile a huge set of classes at the 5th target.

Do you know how I can increase the memory of ant without modifying the
existing build files? I tried to set -Xmx400m in the command line but
it does not seem to work.

Thank you in advance, kostas