Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by "Christopher M. Logan" <ch...@worlwin.com> on 2009/10/29 20:32:11 UTC

log4j 1.2.9 stops logging

Hi,
I'm using log4j 1.2.9 and a while after normal activity, stops logging to
the file.  The application is still functioning correctly though.  At
first I thought the application went down, but after investigation, the
application was still up and running correctly.

Here is my environment and the log4j.properties file we are using.

OS: Solaris 8 & 10
Jvm: Sun jdk 1.5.0_10

log4j.properties:
#set the level of the root logger
log4j.rootLogger=warn
log4j.category.com.us.eds=info, A2

#set own logger
log4j.appender.A2=org.apache.log4j.RollingFileAppender
log4j.appender.A2.File=/prod/us/logs/EWS/EWS.log
log4j.appender.A2.Threshold=INFO
log4j.appender.A2.layout.ConversionPattern=%d{ISO8601} %p [%t] %c{2}
(%M:%L) :: %m%n
log4j.appender.A2.maxFileSize=5000KB
log4j.appender.A2.maxBackupIndex=10

Re: log4j 1.2.9 stops logging

Posted by "S.Kannan" <te...@yahoo.co.in>.
Is your application a web application or a plain java application. If its a
web application what is the application / web server you are using ? please
reply

Re: log4j 1.2.9 stops logging

Posted by "S.Kannan" <te...@yahoo.co.in>.
The following might be the reasons.
a. If the weblogic is using log4j.jar(check the lib folder of weblogic) for
its logging purpose, then the logging might have been stopped.(actually it
might be logging to the log files of server)
b. restart the server using "log4j.debug=true" in your log.properties file.
This will show how the log configurations is parsed.