Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@dashorst.dds.nl> on 2004/10/19 21:14:47 UTC

Maven directory structure

Dear all,

I'm wondering what the prescribed directory layout is for projects using
maven as their build system. I have different signals driving me crazy
(but in a good way :-)

Is the preferred way to structure one's project like prescribed in
http://maven.apache.org/reference/dirlayout.html?

e.g. in the case of a web application:

/project
    project.xml
    LICENSE.txt
    src/java
    src/test
    src/webapp
    src/conf
    xdocs

or is it:
/project
    project.xml
    LICENSE.txt
    src/main/java
    src/test/java
    src/main/webapp
    xdocs

I'm planning a new directory layout for the jwebunit project and want to
be sure I follow the prescribed (near future) layout. Any further
pointers are appreciated.

With regards,

Martijn

Re: Maven directory structure

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
That document is a bit out of date. src/announcements is no longer recommended.

The latter one will become the standard (though I haven't really
considered webapp - I still use src/webapp because it's the default,
though src/main/webapp actually makes more sense).

don't forget src/main/resources and src/test/resources (instead of src/conf).

- Brett