Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Takaisan <da...@gmail.com> on 2008/05/15 16:34:01 UTC

Checkstyle and Velocity Logging

Hello,

When running Checkstyle i get spammed by verbose velocity log messages. Is
there a way to turn this off?

There's a couple of older threads discussing this - but no solution.

Thanks for any help!

Cheers!

Re: Checkstyle and Velocity Logging

Posted by Takaisan <da...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

my checkstyle version is 2.1. I had a look at the fixes for 2.2 but i
couldn't find anything that looked like it had something to do with my
problem.

The verbose output is spam insofar as it has nothing to do with the task at
hand, namely checking the validity of the source format. It also makes for a
bad user experience since it clutters up the log and tends to hide the
important stuff.

The output in question looks like this:

[INFO] Preparing checkstyle:check
[INFO] snapshot com.unic:common:1.0-SNAPSHOT: checking for updates from
snapshots
[INFO] Setting property: classpath.resource.loader.class =>
'org.codehaus.plexus.velocity.ContextClassLoaderResourceLoader'.
[INFO] Setting property: velocimacro.messages.on => 'false'.
[INFO] Setting property: resource.loader => 'classpath'.
[INFO] Setting property: resource.manager.logwhenfound => 'false'.
[INFO] **************************************************************
[INFO] Starting Jakarta Velocity v1.4
[INFO] RuntimeInstance initializing.
[INFO] Default Properties File:
org\apache\velocity\runtime\defaults\velocity.properties
[INFO] Default ResourceManager initializing. (class
org.apache.velocity.runtime.resource.ResourceManagerImpl)
[INFO] Resource Loader Instantiated:
org.codehaus.plexus.velocity.ContextClassLoaderResourceLoader
[INFO] ClasspathResourceLoader : initialization starting.
[INFO] ClasspathResourceLoader : initialization complete.
[INFO] ResourceCache : initialized. (class
org.apache.velocity.runtime.resource.ResourceCacheImpl)
[INFO] Default ResourceManager initialization complete.
[INFO] Loaded System Directive:
org.apache.velocity.runtime.directive.Literal
[INFO] Loaded System Directive: org.apache.velocity.runtime.directive.Macro
[INFO] Loaded System Directive: org.apache.velocity.runtime.directive.Parse
[INFO] Loaded System Directive:
org.apache.velocity.runtime.directive.Include
[INFO] Loaded System Directive:
org.apache.velocity.runtime.directive.Foreach
[INFO] Created: 20 parsers.
[INFO] Velocimacro : initialization starting.
[INFO] Velocimacro : adding VMs from VM library template :
VM_global_library.vm
[ERROR] ResourceManager : unable to find resource 'VM_global_library.vm' in
any resource loader.
[INFO] Velocimacro : error using  VM library template VM_global_library.vm :
org.apache.velocity.exception.ResourceNotFoundException: Unable to find
resource 'VM_global_library.vm'
[INFO] Velocimacro :  VM library template macro registration complete.
[INFO] Velocimacro : allowInline = true : VMs can be defined inline in
templates
[INFO] Velocimacro : allowInlineToOverride = false : VMs defined inline may
NOT replace previous VM definitions
[INFO] Velocimacro : allowInlineLocal = false : VMs defined inline will be
global in scope if allowed.
[INFO] Velocimacro : initialization complete.
[INFO] Velocity successfully started.
[INFO] [checkstyle:checkstyle]
[INFO] Starting audit...

Re: Checkstyle and Velocity Logging

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.
Can you supply more information. Which checkstyle-plugin version do you
use? Provide a sample output of the "spamming".

--
Dennis Lundberg