Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Jay Kreps <ja...@gmail.com> on 2013/07/12 00:15:46 UTC

Running 0.8 against 0.7 data and zk

This JIRA has a patch but I thought we already did something like this:

Am I just confused?

-Jay

Re: Running 0.8 against 0.7 data and zk

Posted by Jay Kreps <ja...@gmail.com>.
That sounds like a a future frequently asked question. I wonder if we
should try to add some heuristic to check the format of the log and/or zk
to error out more gracefully?

Folks should we do this for 0.8?

-Jay

Posted by Jun Rao <ju...@gmail.com>.