Posted to dev@esme.apache.org by Markus Kohler <ma...@gmail.com> on 2009/11/28 09:03:06 UTC

Any one else has problems with JDK 1.5

Hi,
I tried JDK 1.5 yesterday and it doesn't seem to work.
Some JNDI exceptions show up.
I couldn't verify whether it would still work, because my network card had
issues.
Anyone else has the same issue?

Regards,
Markus

"The best way to predict the future is to invent it" -- Alan Kay

Re: Any one else has problems with JDK 1.5

Posted by David Pollak <fe...@gmail.com>.
On Sat, Nov 28, 2009 at 1:41 AM, Markus Kohler <ma...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi,
> For Enterprise support 1.5 would be important I guess,

There's a thread on the Scala list right now about 1.5 vs. 1.6.  It'd be
nice if people with enterprise domains in their email addresses were very
(very) blunt that Scala has to support 1.5 by default.

> Regards,
> Markus
> "The best way to predict the future is to invent it" -- Alan Kay
>

> On Sat, Nov 28, 2009 at 9:48 AM, Richard Hirsch <hirsch.dick@gmail.com
> >wrote:
>
> > If I remember correctly during his analysis of his CE installation,
> > David said that there might be some JDK 1.6 specific code. He was
> > going to look at in more detail but that might have fallen through the
> > cracks.
> >
> > Since ESME is a lift app, I looked at the lift list and found this
> > thread (
> > http://www.mail-archive.com/liftweb@googlegroups.com/msg11693.html).
> > So it looks like they are aware of the importance of supporting JDK
> > 1.5 as well
> >
> > I have no idea however what the status of this support is....
> >
> > D.
> >
> > On Sat, Nov 28, 2009 at 9:03 AM, Markus Kohler <ma...@gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > > I tried JDK 1.5 yesterday and it doesn't seem to work.
> > > Some JNDI exceptions show up.
> > > I couldn't verify whether it would still work, because my network card
> > had
> > > issues.
> > > Anyone else has the same issue?
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > > Markus
> > >

> > > "The best way to predict the future is to invent it" -- Alan Kay

Follow me: http://twitter.com/dpp
Surf the harmonics

Re: Any one else has problems with JDK 1.5

Posted by Markus Kohler <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Richard Hirsch <hi...@gmail.com>.