Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Jonathan Hsieh <jo...@cloudera.com> on 2013/04/11 18:26:21 UTC

trunk on hadoop2 fixes.

Hey folks,

I plan on committing these patches hanging off this jira late today.

completion time regression from h1 to h2 profiles
* HBASE-7636 (3 rs failure recovery) have a problem with hdfs's
shortcircuit reads.

These are quick fixes, to get the hadoop2 build clean.  After I get the
build green, I'll pursue root causes.

The failure in HBASE-8324  (HFileOutputFormat failures on yarn/mr2) are the
last consistent failures on my hadoop2 build.  I'm still working on it  --
yarn/mr2 is a bit of a black box.

Jon.

--
// Jonathan Hsieh (shay)
// Software Engineer, Cloudera

Re: trunk on hadoop2 fixes.

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
I was about to do this validation but got some issue in locating artifacts
off maven repo.

Over in '[VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.0.4-alpha' thread, Andrew reported
compilation error which I confirmed locally.

Will continue with this effort next week.

Re: trunk on hadoop2 fixes.

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.

Re: trunk on hadoop2 fixes.

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
bq. Share the results on the mailing list if you want.

I plan to run HBase test suite after 2.0.4-alpha is released.
I think from HBase side, there is no pending issue what would affect the
release of 2.0.4-alpha.

Cheers

Re: trunk on hadoop2 fixes.

Posted by Jonathan Hsieh <jo...@cloudera.com>.
Ted,

Re: trunk on hadoop2 fixes.

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.

Re: trunk on hadoop2 fixes.

Posted by Jonathan Hsieh <jo...@cloudera.com>.

Re: trunk on hadoop2 fixes.

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
Jon:

Re: trunk on hadoop2 fixes.

Posted by Jonathan Hsieh <jo...@cloudera.com>.
On Thursday, April 11, 2013, Ted Yu wrote:

> HBASE-8382 doesn't exist, as of this email. Can you confirm the JIRA number
> ?

my bad . hbase-8324

Re: trunk on hadoop2 fixes.

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
HBASE-8382 doesn't exist, as of this email. Can you confirm the JIRA number
?

bq. updating the precommit script so that it runs the hadoop 2.0 profile or
some set of it as well?

I think the above is a good idea. With this in place, we can easily find
out about (binary) incompatibility of HBase trunk w.r.t. hadoop 2.0
In the first cut, we can select the tests you recently fixed.

Cheers

Re: trunk on hadoop2 fixes.

Posted by Jonathan Hsieh <jo...@cloudera.com>.