Posted to users@directory.apache.org by legolas wood <le...@gmail.com> on 2007/02/01 13:41:40 UTC

can not import test data into ApacheDS due to its error

Hi
Thank you for reading my post.
I am trying to import the sample data mentioned in
http://directory.apache.org/apacheds/1.0/about-the-sample-configurations-and-sample-directory-data.data/apache_ds_tutorial.ldif
into the apacheDS 1.0 which i have installed from its exe file.

here is the command that i execute :

java -jar apacheds-tools.jar import -u "uid=admin, ou=system" -w secret
-e -f c:/ldapData.ldif

I get the following message :

      / \   _ __   __ _  ___| |__   ___|  _ \/ ___|  |_   _|__   ___ | |___
     / _ \ | '_ \ / _` |/ __| '_ \ / _ \ | | \___ \    | |/ _ \ / _ \| / __|
    / ___ \| |_) | (_| | (__| | | |  __/ |_| |___) |   | | (_) | (_) | \__ \
   /_/   \_\ .__/ \__,_|\___|_| |_|\___|____/|____/    |_|\___/ \___/|_|___/
           |_|
(org.apache.directory.shared.ldap.codec.bind.SimpleAuthentication).
Done!
0 users changed in 0 seconds

when i try the above command without  user and password i get the same
message.

I should say that i can not import it with Jxplorer, Jxplorer says :

An error occured while processing the LDIF file:

javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: [LDAP: error code 32 - failed to add
entry ou=people,o=sevenSeas: ou=people,o=sevenSeas]; remaining name
'ou=people,o=sevenSeas'

Can some one give me some help about this ?

Re: can not import test data into ApacheDS due to its error

Posted by legolas wood <le...@gmail.com>.
Thank you very much.
done.

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.

--
Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny

Re: can not import test data into ApacheDS due to its error

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Sorry for the delay,

Posted by legolas wood <le...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Ok, here is the status :

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Ok, thanks for the report

We gonna check all this mess ...

Damn, why the hell days only have 24 hours, except oncxe a year, when it's
25 hours ?

--
Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny

Re: can not import test data into ApacheDS due to its error

Posted by legolas wood <le...@gmail.com>.
OK, Thanks.

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.
hey, it was just a joke :)

--
Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny

Re: can not import test data into ApacheDS due to its error

Posted by legolas wood <le...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.

--
Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny

Re: can not import test data into ApacheDS due to its error

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.
looking ...