Posted to dev@pig.apache.org by Niels Basjes <Ni...@basjes.nl> on 2016/02/29 22:17:27 UTC

Request: Feedback on patches

Hi,

A friendly request for your feedback on these patches I provided the last
few days.

Thanks.

Authenticate with Kerberos using a keytab file
This is a feature to allow running jobs on secure clusters for a duration
longer than the maximum lifetime of the kerberos tickets.

Bump HTTP Logparser to version 2.4
Simply update to the most recent version that allows parsing a few edge
cases more.
Specifically corrupted loglines as seen when HTTP 414 occurs (URI too long)
which I have on a daily basis in our logfiles.

Make setting up the build environment easier
A set of scripts to create a reproducable docker based build environment.
This is intended to get a 'very reproducable' way of setting up the build
environment to reproduce bugs and to run builds.

ant site errors out
I submitted a rather brutal fix: Disable the problematic feature. Question:
Is this fix a desirable one?

Niels Basjes