Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Eugene Prokopiev <pr...@stc.donpac.ru> on 2006/08/07 15:33:18 UTC

One connection to AMQ in some transactions

Hi,

I use this configuration -
http://goopen.org/confluence/display/ACTIVEMQ/JMS+and+JDBC+operations+in+one+transaction
I see that on every transaction separate connection to AMQ for sending
message is opened and closed at the end of transaction. Is it possible
to reuse one connection to AMQ for sending messages or use already
established connection for consuming messages which is not closed at the
and of transaction?

Eugene Prokopiev

Re: One connection to AMQ in some transactions

Posted by Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com>.
On 8/7/06, Eugene Prokopiev <pr...@stc.donpac.ru> wrote:
> > PooledConnectionFactory instead of Jencks pool for sending
> > messages as described in
> > http://incubator.apache.org/activemq/jmstemplate-gotchas.html?
>
> but in this case I can't use XA because XA is supported only by Jencks
> JCA, am I right?
>
> So, how can I correctly configure connection pool with Jencks and how to
> use it for producing and consuming messages?

Connections are being pooled.. see:
See: http://activemq.com/site/resource-adapter-does-not-seem-to-pool-connections.html
Hiram

Blog: http://hiramchirino.com

Re: One connection to AMQ in some transactions

Posted by Eugene Prokopiev <pr...@stc.donpac.ru>.

Posted by Eugene Prokopiev <pr...@stc.donpac.ru>.
> http://incubator.apache.org/activemq/how-do-i-use-jms-efficiently.html

In this document I can't find answer to my question: why Jencks JCA
connection pool is not works in my configuration? What need I change in it?

Need I PooledConnectionFactory instead of Jencks pool for sending

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
See

--

James
-------

Re: One connection to AMQ in some transactions

Posted by Eugene Prokopiev <pr...@stc.donpac.ru>.
> http://goopen.org/confluence/display/ACTIVEMQ/JMS+and+JDBC+operations+in+one+transaction

Which optimizations from
http://devzone.logicblaze.com/site/apache-activemq-performance-tuning-guide.html
can be applied to this configuration? Need I setup avoiding message copy
or ActiveMQConnection connection flags? How can I do it with
ActiveMQResourceAdapter?

Eugene Prokopiev