Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Sanna Warnemyr <sa...@hotmail.com> on 2019/06/13 09:22:33 UTC

Forgotten password

Hi!

I have a few open office documents on my old computer from 2011/2012. When I wrote them I locked them with a password which I have now forgotten. Is there really no way to open them without the correct password? I really hope you can help me.

Thank you in advance!

Sanna

Re: Forgotten password

Posted by Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>.
On Thu, 13 Jun 2019 09:22:33 +0000
Sanna Warnemyr <sa...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I have a few open office documents on my old computer from 2011/2012. When I wrote them I locked them with a password which I have now forgotten. Is there really no way to open them without the correct password? I really hope you can help me.
>
> Thank you in advance!

Effectively no way to unlock them.

--
Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>

Re: Forgotten password

Posted by John Hart <jh...@testra.com>.
On 6/13/2019 2:22 AM, Sanna Warnemyr wrote:
> I have a few open office documents on my old computer from 2011/2012. When I wrote them I locked them with a password which I have now forgotten. Is there really no way to open them without the correct password? I really hope you can help me.
If the password is short a password cracking program could do it,
if it's long it will be next to impossible.