Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Francesco Consumi <co...@istitutodeglinnocenti.it> on 2004/11/12 09:29:22 UTC

calling servlet and passing params without url

  Hi,

in my jsf site I'm using a servlet in order to show some images from a
database.

the form is like :

<h:graphicImage url="/servlet?id_image=xxx"/>

I'd like to pass parameters to servlet without using URL parameters, but
attributes, to avoid the users play with the URL for showing other images than
I decided.

I'm thinking of using request.getAttribute() instead request.getParameter() in
servlet.

is there in JSF a way to set attribute values before calling a servlet ? or is
there any other way ?

thanks

--
Francesco Consumi