Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Banias H <ba...@gmail.com> on 2016/11/14 19:19:27 UTC

Getting the bootstrap.servers from zookeeper?

Hi Kafka experts,

In my Java code to produce messages to Kafka, I always have to specify the
list of "bootstrap.servers" in initialization since version 0.9. I always
wonder if there is anyway the "bootstrap.servers" is available in zookeeper
(w/o manually storing the list there)?

Thanks.

-B

Re: Getting the bootstrap.servers from zookeeper?

Posted by Radoslaw Gruchalski <ra...@gruchalski.com>.
Banias,

This is a property for producers / consumers. Your producers / consumers
may not necessarily (and probably should not) have access to te zookeeper
cluster your kafka cluster uses. That’s why you give it a list kafka nodes
with bootstrap.servers.

–
Best regards,
Radek Gruchalski