Posted to user@hive.apache.org by "Valluri, Sathish" <sa...@emc.com> on 2013/09/05 11:06:55 UTC

kerberos Hive Server

Hi,

I am setting Kerberos authentication on Hive Server2. Using hive 0.11 from mapr distribution.

After setting the following configurations, when trying to start hive server2, it failing with the following error

13/09/05 08:59:10 INFO service.AbstractService: Service:HiveServer2 is started.

javax.security.auth.login.LoginException: Kerberos principal should have 3 parts: root

at org.apache.hive.service.auth.HiveAuthFactory.getAuthTransFactory(HiveAuthFactory.java:82)

        at org.apache.hive.service.cli.thrift.ThriftCLIService.run(ThriftCLIService.java:403)

        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:722)

I have generated the principal and keytab files and giving the same principal name, although it has proper 3 parts still it's giving this error.

Can anybody know how to resolve this issue or any suggestions.

Hive Server hive-site.xml file

<configuration>

<property>

   <name>hive.server2.authentication</name>

    <value>KERBEROS</value>

    <description>Authentication type </description>

</property>

<property>

   <name>hive.server2.authentication.kerberos.principal</name>

    <value>root/_HOST@EXAMPLE.COM</value>

    <description>The service principal for the HiveServer2. If _HOST is

           used as the hostname portion, it will be replaced with the actual

           hostname of the running instance.</description>

</property>

<property>

    <name>hive.server2.authentication.kerberos.keytab</name>

    <value>/opt/mapr/hive/hive-0.11/conf/hive.keytab</value>

    <description>The keytab for the HiveServer2 service principal</description>

</property>

</configuration>

Regards

Sathish Valluri