Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by jeusdi <ca...@terra.es> on 2006/08/16 11:16:26 UTC

Servlets mod_jk Context path problems

Hello,
   I'm muddling up with Servlets configuration, Context configuration,
VirtualHost configuration, and more...

   My problem is that I have 2 domains --> ecommerce.gmsoft.com and
www.gmsoft.com and both are web applications. The first problem is that I
don't know how configure Apache (http.conf) to select correct application
according to domain_name (ecommerce.gmsoft.com or www.gmsoft.com), moreover
I've installed correctly mod_jk, so I want the JSPs and servlets is handled
with Tomcat.

Also, I have problems with server.xml and web.xml files to mapping servlets
and Context configuration.

However, first I solve it step to step.

   I'm developing the ecommerce web application and the servers (apache web
server (port 80) and Tomcat (port 8009 ajp13 connector)) runs under
192.168.1.2. So, I only have configured this. So, when I access to
192.168.1.2 it shows me my index.jsp (handled by tomcat and redirect to
Apache web server) correctly. However I've created a Servlet that handles
user requests (ControllerServlet), but it is inaccessible. I've tried access
to ControllerServlet manually (writing the URL direction), but this servlet
is not found by servers. I'm sure that is a configuration problem.

Now I access to my application throught http://192.168.1.2/ecommerce, when I
access to it, it shows me the index.jsp correctly, but when I access to
http://192.168.1.2/ecommerce/servlets/ControllerServlet, doesn't happen.

I show you my configuration files:

httpd.conf -->
ServerName 192.168.1.2

NameVirtualHost 192.168.1.2

<VirtualHost 192.168.1.2>
        ServerName 192.168.1.2
	ServerAdmin dff@dfdf.es
	DocumentRoot /usr/local/tomcat/webapps
	ErrorLog /usr/local/tomcat/webapps/ecommerce/logs/error_log
	CustomLog /usr/local/tomcat/webapps/ecommerce/logs/access_log common
	<LocationMatch ".*WEB-INF.*">
		AllowOverride None
		Deny from all
	</LocationMatch>
	JkMount /ecommerce/*.jsp treb
</VirtualHost>

workers.properties -->

# workers.properties - ajp13
#
# List workers
worker.list=treb
#
# Define work
worker.treb.tomcat_home=$TOMCAT_HOME
worker.treb.java_home=$JAVA_HOME
worker.treb.port=8009
worker.treb.host=localhost
worker.treb.type=ajp13
worker.treb.cachesize=10
worker.treb.cache_timeout=600
worker.treb.socket_timeout=300
worker.treb.lbfactor=1

Tomcat Context Web Application configuration -->

<Context path="/" reloadable="true"
docBase="/usr/local/tomcat/webapps/ecommerce"
workDir="/usr/local/tomcat/webapps/webshop/ecommerce/work"/>

web.xml --> (only servlet configuration)

   <servlet>
      <description><![CDATA[Controlador de tota l'aplicació Web -
MVC]]></description>
      <display-name>Controlador</display-name>
      <servlet-name>Controller</servlet-name>
      <servlet-class>com.gmsoft.ControllerServlet</servlet-class>

   </servlet>

   <servlet-mapping>
      <servlet-name>Controller</servlet-name>
      <url-pattern>/ecommerce/</url-pattern>
   </servlet-mapping>

Can you help me, firstly I want to access manualy to my ServletController.

RE: Servlets mod_jk Context path problems

Posted by Richard Mixon <rn...@qwest.net>.
Changing to
   <servlet-mapping>
      <servlet-name>Controller</servlet-name>
      <url-pattern>/Controller</url-pattern>
   </servlet-mapping>
Will fix the "/ecommerce/ecommerce" problem.

Probably what you are really trying to do is make your webapp the "ROOT"
webapp. For that you need to rename your webapp directory to ROOT and change
your context definition. If you search the postings for ROOT it is brought
up several times a week and you should find the details - sorry I don't want
to misquote them from memory.

Posted by jeusdi <ca...@terra.es>.

Posted by jeusdi <ca...@terra.es>.

Posted by "Yassine ELassad (YEL)" <el...@users.sourceforge.net>.
hi

> [...]

> >> worker.treb.cache_timeout=600
> >> worker.treb.socket_timeout=300
> >> worker.treb.lbfactor=1
> >>
> >> Tomcat Context Web Application configuration -->
> >>
> >> <Context path="/" reloadable="true"
> >> docBase="/usr/local/tomcat/webapps/ecommerce"
> >> workDir="/usr/local/tomcat/webapps/webshop/ecommerce/work"/>
> >>
> >> web.xml --> (only servlet configuration)
> >>
> >>   <servlet>
> >>      <description><![CDATA[Controlador de tota l'aplicació Web -
> >> MVC]]></description>
> >>      <display-name>Controlador</display-name>
> >>      <servlet-name>Controller</servlet-name>
> >>      <servlet-class>com.gmsoft.ControllerServlet</servlet-class>
> >>
> >>   </servlet>
> >>
> >>   <servlet-mapping>
> >>      <servlet-name>Controller</servlet-name>
> >>      <url-pattern>/ecommerce/</url-pattern>
> >>   </servlet-mapping>
> >>
> >> Can you help me, firstly I want to access manualy to my

(e==mc²)?

Re: Servlets mod_jk Context path problems

Posted by jeusdi <ca...@terra.es>.

Posted by "Yassine ELassad (YEL)" <el...@users.sourceforge.net>.
Hi jeusdi,