Posted to httpclient-users@hc.apache.org by Roland Weber <RO...@de.ibm.com> on 2005/07/07 11:37:43 UTC

Re: after executing a PostMethod I still see the login page

Hello Daniele.

> <form action="" method="POST" name="login">
> here<br><br>
> <input type="password" name=p maxlength=12 size=37 style="border-width:
> 1px; border-color: black; border-style:none;" value="">
> <input type="hidden" name=w value="password">
> </form>
>
> and this is my java code:
>
> HttpClient client = new HttpClient();
> PostMethod method = new PostMethod(host);
> method.addParameter("p", "myrealpassword");
> int statusCode = client.executeMethod(method);

You have to add parameter "w" with value "password".
Hidden input fields are still input fields.

cheers,
  Roland

Re: after executing a PostMethod I still see the login page

Posted by Roland Weber <RO...@de.ibm.com>.
Hi Daniele,

you have to scan the page returned by the server.
That's beyond the scope of HttpClient.

cheers,
  Roland

Daniele Dellafiore <il...@fastwebnet.it>
07.07.2005 12:37
Please respond to
"HttpClient User Discussion"

HttpClient User Discussion <ht...@jakarta.apache.org>
cc

Subject

Roland Weber wrote:

> You have to add parameter "w" with value "password".
> Hidden input fields are still input fields.

It works, thanks.

But now I have another problem...

To commit a search I have to use an URI like this:

http://localhost:4711/?ses=1033124645&w=search

where ses number changes every times.
How may I get the actual session number? It seems not to be stored in a
cookie (page works also if I disable cookies in my browser)

Thanks again in advance.

Re: after executing a PostMethod I still see the login page

Posted by Daniele Dellafiore <il...@fastwebnet.it>.