Posted to batik-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Vincent Hardy <vi...@sun.com> on 2001/09/18 14:05:29 UTC

More on: Re: Early warning: potential breaking interface change ahead

Vincent Hardy wrote:

> .... SVGOMSVGElement getWidth throwing an exception...
>
> We will look into this and let you know as soon as it is clarified.
> I have entered a bug in Bugzilla for that 3684 as we may not be able
> to fix this without Stephane who is on vacation until next week. We will
> try though.

I think I should explain what happens here too: Stephane is
re-implementing
the SVG DOM in a better way. This is a case of a feature which has
not been re-implemented yet. This is another reason for depending on
batik 1.1rc2 short term, while Batik goes through its code transition.

Note that despite the fairly heavy-duty test-suite we run everyday
and on which we make sure there is no regression (we run about
300+ tests), we obviously have some regressions which tells me we
need to ramp-up our testing effort even more.

Regards,
Vincent.