Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Sebastian Galonska <sg...@gmx.net> on 2002/05/09 12:11:46 UTC

Torque newbie questions

Hello group,

as a newbie with Torque I would like to know how it is possible to use n:m
relations.
Let´s quickly come to terms. I´ve got these classes for example:

class businessObject {
	public int id; // primary key
	// ... more attributes
}

class Project extends businessObject{
	public HashSet myPersons;
	// ... more attributes
}

class Person extends businessObject {
	String name;
	String surname;
	// ... more attributes
}

It is recommended that several persons can belong to several projects. So I
created the following tables:

================
table Project:
---------------------
id: int
================
Table Person:
---------------------
id: int
name: text
surname: text
================
Table Project_Person:
---------------------
oid_project: int
oid_person: int

How to access the Persons that are involved in a project?
Another question is about how to implement transactions with Torque. How
can I initiate and how can I finalize a transaction?
Is Torque capable to meet my needs? (Hope yes ;-)).

Thank you vor your help

best regards
Sebastian
--------------------------------
Sebastian Galonska
Ritterstrasse 96
10969 Berlin
GERMANY

phone:  +49 30 61107231
mobile: +49 177 8806060
fax: +49 30 61107232

ICQ#:  11524202

Re: Torque newbie questions

Posted by John McNally <jm...@collab.net>.
Based on your schema below, torque will generate methods like:

Project.getProjectUsers(Criteria)
and
User.getProjectUsers(Criteria)

you can use these methods to build better named methods, similar to
this:

Project.java

public List getUsers(Criteria crit)
{
List pus = getProjectUsers(crit);
List users = new ArrayList(pus.size());
Iterator i = pus.iterator();
while (i.hasNext())
{
users.add( ((ProjectUser)i.next()).getUser() );
}
return users;
}

john mcnally

Re: Torque newbie questions

Posted by Eric Dobbs <er...@dobbse.net>.
Two things first.  Let's move this conversation
to the turbine-torque-user list.  And please
send the <project>-schema.xml file you are using
to generate the tables and objects described in
your email.

-Eric