Posted to user@pig.apache.org by Johannes Rußek <ru...@win-rar.com> on 2010/04/15 18:41:03 UTC

bugfix? for pig losing constructor arguments of UDFs

Hello dear pig list,
with the help of our "java" guy we've been debugging pig today and
seemed to have found a workaround to pig losing contructor arguments
during execution. (very annoying if you wanted to use the DateExtractor
and specify date_formats in the pig script (DEFINE MyExtractor
as ...DateExtractor('yyyy-MM-dd')).
It seemed to have something to do with the magic pig uses to construct
the class for the correct argument types. This workaround seems to work
fine for us.
I've attached our patch to my original bug report:
Thanks!
Johannes

Best Regards,

Johannes Rußek
Linux/UNIX Administration

win.rar GmbH
Schumannstr. 17
10117 Berlin
Germany

www.win-rar.com    (website)
russek@win-rar.com (e-mail)

+49 30 28886758  (tel Zentrale)
+49 30 28884514 (fax)

win.rar GmbH Berlin                           |    HR B-Nr. 109885 B
Management: Öncül Kaya, Burak Canboy          |    Amtsgericht