Posted to users@continuum.apache.org by tomiq <to...@gmail.com> on 2006/08/16 16:44:13 UTC

Re: surefire fails but tests work

Well this is great at least for you:) I have met similar issue, but the case
is not the one of your's I suppose. I tried to erase main() methods in my
jUnit tests (if it somehow matters) for surefire to work - it fails again
for the same reason, unknown to me.
The problem is that I have 5 nonFailing(!) TestCase tests. When I run mvn
test on the project surefire first runs the tests with no failure (Tests
run: 95, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0) then writes "There are test
failures." so the build fails too (even if -fn or -fae are enabled).
I encounred CHECKSUM FAILED warning while downloading some maven plugins
from repository :
org/apache/maven/surefire/surefire-providers/2.0/surefire-providers-2.0.pom,
but it happens on every mirror I tried. I also tried to redownload the whole
repository - nothing works.
I'm using maven2.0.4 on sunJava1.5_06 on winXPsp2 (and I can provide detail
info if it is needed).
So post if you have something to say about the matter. Thanx

tomas r

btw: some mvn output is attached:
http://www.nabble.com/user-files/332/error.log error.log

Roland Kofler wrote:

> thanks, someone wrote a test thats wasn't a unit test but a main() class.
> surefire should some how report such issues.
>
> best
> rk
>
> Andrew Williams schrieb:
>> are you using clover or such like which could be redirecting test output
>> to another directory?
>>
>> Roland Kofler wrote:
>>> i get
>>>
>>> ERROR] BUILD ERROR
>>> [INFO]
>>> [INFO] There are some test failure.
>>> [INFO]
>>> [INFO] For more information, run Maven with the -e switch
>>> [INFO]
>>> [INFO] Total time: 13 seconds
>>> [INFO] Finished at: Thu Jul 27 13:12:46 CEST 2006
>>> [INFO] Final Memory: 5M/14M
>>>
>>> but my only test in target/surefire-reports says

>>> Battery: at.systemone.configuration.ConfigurationControllerTest
>>>
>>> Tests run: 10, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Time elapsed: 4.437 sec
>>> where can i have a look to understand on this issue

Sent from the Continuum - Users forum at Nabble.com.

Re: surefire fails but tests work

Posted by tomiq <to...@gmail.com>.
thanx I had posted
http://www.nabble.com/forum/ViewPost.jtp?post=5834527&framed=y it  to