Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Ka...@pass-consulting.com on 2001/01/17 13:48:20 UTC

Urgent issue!

Hello,

sorry for posting this issue on the dev list, but on the user list no one
has an idea about a solution and so I thought you guys should take care and
provide an answer to the user list.

This is the error message on the console:
2001-01-17 01:29:59 - Ctx(  ): IOException in: R( + cocoon/back.gif +
null)socket write error (code=10053)
The page is displayed correctly so what is wrong?

See the attached files.
Configuration: WinNT, Tomcat 3.2.1 (stand alone), Cocoon 1.8

Thanks for your help!!

Kai

JSP/Servlet: authentication

Posted by "Sam T." <Sa...@hiMolde.no>.
hi all
please could someone give me hints on using jdbc [specially jdbcRleam]
and servlets or JSP for user authentication to lookup user details to
create a connection with.

Re: Urgent issue!

Posted by Hans Bergsten <ha...@gefionsoftware.com>.
Nick Bauman wrote:

> I think the problem is from some bugs in IE's HTTP/1.1 impl, which Apache
> out-of-box downgrades to a 1.0 conversation. Are you seeing this with TC
> standalone or with Apache in front of it?

I have only seen this with TC standalone, but on the other hand, I've
never tested the Apache/TC combo.

Maybe the downgrading should be done in TC as well?

> But the CPU util is definitely a bug.

I have never seen this, but I usually use Netscape and have only done
minor testing with IE.

Hans

--
Hans Bergsten		hans@gefionsoftware.com
Author of JavaServer Pages (O'Reilly), http://TheJSPBook.com

RE: Urgent issue!

Posted by Paulo Gaspar <pa...@krankikom.de>.
Just to be sure:

Does this mean that this is only a problem with Tomcat standalone and
that using Tomcat with Apache is not a problem?

Thank you,
Paulo Gaspar

Re: Urgent issue!

Posted by Nick Bauman <ni...@cortexity.com>.

--
Nicolaus Bauman
Software Engineer

TC4 WebAppMount for ROOT context question

Posted by Nick Bauman <ni...@cortexity.com>.
Just a quickie:

THe mailing lists didn't have anything for TC4 on this, but isn't the
WebAppMount to use if my Apache document root is the same as
my TC4 docbase is like so?

WebAppMount ROOT warpConnection /

Correct?

--
Nicolaus Bauman
Software Engineer

Re: Urgent issue!

Posted by Graham Wright <gw...@peopledoc.com>.

Hans Bergsten wrote:

> Kai.Rehlen@pass-consulting.com wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> sorry for posting this issue on the dev list, but on the user list no one
>> has an idea about a solution and so I thought you guys should take care and
>> provide an answer to the user list.
>>
>> This is the error message on the console:
>> 2001-01-17 01:29:59 - Ctx(  ): IOException in: R( + cocoon/back.gif +
>> null)socket write error (code=10053)
>> The page is displayed correctly so what is wrong?
>>
>> See the attached files.
>> Configuration: WinNT, Tomcat 3.2.1 (stand alone), Cocoon 1.8
>

> I have seen this when using Internet Explorer (IE) and the resource
> is cached by IE. It seems like IE closes the connection before reading
> the complete response in this case, so Tomcat complains that it
> couldn't write the full response. I don't see a way to fix this at
> the Tomcat end.
>
> Hans

Information in this email is confidential and may be privileged. It is
intended for the named addressee(s) only. If you have received it in
error please notify the sender immediately and delete it from your
system. You should not otherwise copy, retransmit, use or disclose its
contents to anyone.

Re: Urgent issue!

Posted by Hans Bergsten <ha...@gefionsoftware.com>.