Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by jbi joe <jo...@daggerpoint.net> on 2008/01/16 13:56:54 UTC

How to Setup Pooled Data Source

Is there a how to for setting up a mysql pooled data
source that can be used with the ODE engine?
I have read the ODE how to for a data source
and it does not seem to behave properly as
it describes using tranql for managing connection.
TIA

Re: How to Setup Pooled Data Source

Posted by Alex Boisvert <bo...@intalio.com>.
On 1/16/08, jbi joe <jo...@daggerpoint.net> wrote:

> Is there a how to for setting up a mysql pooled data
> source that can be used with the ODE engine?
> I have read the ODE how to for a data source
> and it does not seem to behave properly as
> it describes using tranql for managing connection.

The best way to setup a pooled connection is through your container:
Tomcat, Jetty, ServiceMix, Geronimo, JBoss, ...

You simply need to define your datasource in your container, expose it under
a JNDI name, and then set that name in ode-xxx.properties so that Ode uses
your container's artillery.   Similar deal with the TransactionManager where
you need to define the class does the proper resolution (doesn't apply to
JBI since that happens through the JBI contract).

alex