Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "skrishnamur1@bloomberg.com" <sk...@bloomberg.com> on 2009/11/10 16:00:47 UTC

[users@httpd] DAV access control

Hi,

We are looking to setup SVN over apache, but it requires the use of DAV. There are apparently security concerns over the use of DAV over apache 2.2., in the sense that it would allow users to anonymously write content to apache, even outside of the context of SVN. Are there any workarounds to securely enable DAV and disallow anonymous writes etc... Pointers to relevant literature would be appreciated.

Thanks

Re: [users@httpd] AllowOverride

Posted by Ghislain Pruniaux <gh...@univ-fcomte.fr>.
Next time i will open my eyes

Thanks a lot

Posted by Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com>.

--
Eric Covener
covener@gmail.com

[users@httpd] AllowOverride

Posted by Pruniaux Ghislain <gh...@univ-fcomte.fr>.
Hi,

[users@httpd] Re: DAV access control

Posted by LuKreme <kr...@kreme.com>.
On 10-Nov-2009, at 08:00, skrishnamur1@bloomberg.com wrote:

> We are looking to setup SVN over apache, but it requires the use of DAV.

requires? I though SVN over DAV was a particular configuration option?

> There are apparently security concerns over the use of DAV over apache 2.2.,

There are?

> in the sense that it would allow users to anonymously write content to apache, even outside of the context of SVN.

Er… no, I don't think so.

--
NEXT TIME IT COULD BE ME ON THE SCAFFOLDING
	Bart chalkboard Ep. 2F12

Re: [users@httpd] DAV access control

Posted by André Warnier <aw...@ice-sa.com>.
skrishnamur1@bloomberg.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We are looking to setup SVN over apache, but it requires the use of DAV. There are apparently security concerns over the use of DAV over apache 2.2., in the sense that it would allow users to anonymously write content to apache, even outside of the context of SVN. Are there any workarounds to securely enable DAV and disallow anonymous writes etc... Pointers to relevant literature would be appreciated.

There is nothing to stop you securing a <Location> handled by DAV, just
like you would secure any other section of your webspace.