Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by Tomas Restrepo <to...@devdeo.com> on 2007/04/19 04:43:55 UTC

Java trunk code usability

I know most of the people working on the java code bases have moved on to
work on the M2 branch, though a few things have gotten committed to the
trunk code base (most notably the multiple protocol version support).

For a few reasons, I'm not looking forward to moving to the M2 branch just
yet, as I already have 4 copies of the trunk code base with not-yet
committed patches to the .net client code base and so was hoping to be able
to use the trunk for a bit more time (besides of which, I'm not sure yet I
fully understood the desire to move to a branch so early on, but that's a
different story).

Anyway, just wanted to ask if someone was aware of how "usable" for testing
the java code base in the trunk is. I'm not looking for any significant
stability, just wondering if it's "good enough" for my casual use.

(P.S. It would seem the multiple protocol versions support in the java
client causes it to freak out when it gets a connection.start method with an
unsupported protocol version).

Tomas Restrepo
http://www.winterdom.com/weblog/

RE: Java trunk code usability

Posted by Tomas Restrepo <to...@devdeo.com>.
OK, bit the bullet and checked out a copy of the M2 branch as well.

> (P.S. It would seem the multiple protocol versions support in the java
> client causes it to freak out when it gets a connection.start method
> with an
> unsupported protocol version).

Scratch that. The M2 branch freaks out as well on an unexpected protocol