Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Daniel Serodio <da...@checkforte.com.br> on 2003/02/07 15:21:20 UTC

Don't hit "reply" when you're not replying

Would it be too pedantic if I ask people NOT to hit the "Reply" button
when they're not replying to some message?
When the messages list is grouped by thread, messages posted as a reply
to some other message are shown "indented" under the parent message, and
when they don't belong to the same thread it makes a mess out of the
messages list.
Am I the only one who groups messages by thread? Am I the only one
annoyed by this?

--
Daniel Serodio <da...@checkforte.com.br>
CheckForte

Re: Don't hit "reply" when you're not replying

Posted by Nancy <lo...@softhome.net>.
Daniel:

That's very a good point. Thank you for reminding us. Sometimes I did it
without realizing the problem. I will definitely not do it again. And hope
every body not do it when you are not replying to some message.

Regards,
Nancy

Posted by John McNally <jm...@collab.net>.
That one doesn't bother me as much as the number of emails with subjects
like

Hi!

or

Help!

Could people fix these when replying, so that the archives are a bit
more useful?

john mcnally

Posted by Fergus Gallagher <Fe...@OrbisUK.com>.
No you're not the only one annyed - it's just a fact of life that Reply is
the quickest way of sending a new message :-(

On Fri, Feb 07, 2003 at 12:21:20PM -0200, Daniel Serodio wrote:
> Would it be too pedantic if I ask people NOT to hit the "Reply" button
> when they're not replying to some message?
> When the messages list is grouped by thread, messages posted as a reply
> to some other message are shown "indented" under the parent message, and
> when they don't belong to the same thread it makes a mess out of the
> messages list.
> Am I the only one who groups messages by thread? Am I the only one
> annoyed by this?
>
> --
> Daniel Serodio <da...@checkforte.com.br>
> CheckForte

Fergus Gallagher          Tel: +44 (20) 8742 1600
Orbis                     Fax: +44 (20) 8742 2649
414 Chiswick High Street  email: Fergus.Gallagher@orbisuk.com
London  W4 5TL            Web: http://www.orbisuk.com