Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Mark Lybarger <ml...@gmail.com> on 2005/11/18 16:21:28 UTC

commons-lang StringUtils.rightPad - truncate

docs for StringUtils.rightPad("FOO",1) shows that it returns "FOO".
Is there a method to get the rightPadding to also handle truncation?
I'm looking to format fixed length fields where the output has to be X
and only X characters.  thus i have to truncate anythe  extra stuff
that might be there.

thanks!

Re: commons-lang StringUtils.rightPad - truncate

Posted by Elifarley Callado Coelho Cruz <el...@gmail.com>.
I have develop a StringKit class which has a rightPad method that
handles truncation as well. I can send it to you (it's LGPL).

Regards,
Elifarley

Posted by Stephen Colebourne <sc...@btopenworld.com>.
[lang] does not have such a method at present. It is quite a good
suggestion however. Perhaps you would consider raising an enhancement
request?

Stephen