Posted to dev@bval.apache.org by Donald Woods <dw...@apache.org> on 2011/02/04 05:02:38 UTC

[VOTE] Release Bean Validation 0.3-incubating

A Bean Validation 0.3-incubating release candidate has been created with
the following artifacts up for a vote:

SVN source tag (r1067061):
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/bval/tags/0.3-incubating/

Maven staging repo:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachebval-033/

Source release:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachebval-033/org/apache/bval/bval-parent/0.3-incubating/bval-parent-0.3-incubating-source-release.zip

Javadoc staging site:
http://people.apache.org/~dwoods/bval/0.3-incubating/staging-site/apidocs/

PGP release keys (signed using D018E6B1):
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/bval/KEYS

Vote will be open for 72 hours.

[ ] +1  approve
[ ] +0  no opinion
[ ] -1  disapprove (and reason why)

Thanks,
Donald

Re: [VOTE] Release Bean Validation 0.3-incubating

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.
Here's my +1

Signature/checksum of source release are good. Source looks fine. Generated jars look good. One minor issue:

The year in the base NOTICE file -- https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/bval/tags/0.3-incubating/NOTICE -- is 2010. Notice files in generated jars all contain 2011. This isn't a big issue, but should be updated in the future. Not enough for a respin, IMO.

--kevan

Posted by Gerhard <ge...@gmail.com>.
actually the changelog [1] doesn't show that many other new/fixed parts.

regards,
gerhard

http://www.irian.at

Your JSF powerhouse -
JSF Consulting, Development and
Courses in English and German

Professional Support for Apache MyFaces

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.

Posted by Gerhard <ge...@gmail.com>.
hi kevan,

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.
There have been objections. Mainly that a small lib like bval shouldnt bring its own log layer along. java.util.logging is not as good as other logging frameworks, but it doesn't force the user into just another logging framework deathmatch...

And as tooling for jul gets better from year to year, there is hardly a technical argument why one should not use it today.

LieGrue
strub

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Gerhard Petracek <gp...@apache.org>.
-0

Posted by Jeremy Bauer <te...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.
usually incubation projects don't do maintenance branches.

We should rather try to graduate before that.

LieGrue,
strub

Posted by Albert Lee <al...@gmail.com>.
+1

--
Albert Lee.

Re: [VOTE] Release Bean Validation 0.3-incubating

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.
Donald,
Can you either cancel or call this vote?

Re: [RESULT] [VOTE] Release Bean Validation 0.3-incubating

Posted by Niall Pemberton <ni...@gmail.com>.
On Sun, Apr 3, 2011 at 12:35 PM, Donald Woods <dw...@apache.org> wrote:
> Vote passed with the following:
>    +1 Donald Woods, Mark Struberg, Kevan Miller, Niall Pemberton,
>        Albert Lee, Jeremy Bauer,
>     0 Gerhard Petracek
> There were no -1 votes.
>
> Following +1 votes were from IPMC members:
>    Donald Woods, Mark Struberg, Kevan Miller, Niall Pemberton
>

> For the IPMC, please review and I'll conclude the vote after the 72 hour
> review period.

Donald,

You need to post the vote on general@incubator

Niall

Posted by Donald Woods <dw...@apache.org>.

Posted by Niall Pemberton <ni...@gmail.com>.
+1

Niall

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.
Ping?

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.
+1

gpg ok, rat ok, source release.zip ok, builds fine.

LieGrue,
strub

PS: I'd wished a bit more public discussion about introducing slf4j, but might have been my fault to not seeing it in jira...

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.
ah kk, then I'll verify the build tonight - txs!

LieGrue,
strub

Posted by Donald Woods <dw...@apache.org>.

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.