Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Mark Woon <mo...@helix.stanford.edu> on 2003/12/03 02:16:46 UTC

[users@httpd] Problem compiling 2.0.48

Hi,

I'm having problems compiling httpd-2.0.48 on a Sun, and I can't seem to
find any solutions via google or the mail archives.  I'm hoping someone
here can point out what I'm doing wrong.

I'm using the following configure parameters:
./configure --with-mpm=worker --enable-so --enable-include=shared
--enable-userdir=shared --enable-dav --enable-deflate --enable-rewrite
--enable-ssl

And then when I make I get a ton of error messages along the lines of:
/tmp/httpd-2.0.48/server/exports.c:1561: error: redefinition of
`ap_hack_apr_base64_encode_len'
/tmp/httpd-2.0.48/server/exports.c:177: error:
`ap_hack_apr_base64_encode_len' previously defined here

Does anyone have any idea what my problem is?  Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks,
-Mark

Re: [users@httpd] Problem compiling 2.0.48

Posted by "John P. Dodge" <do...@cruciate.ca.boeing.com>.
On Tue, 2 Dec 2003, Mark Woon wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm having problems compiling httpd-2.0.48 on a Sun, and I can't seem to
> find any solutions via google or the mail archives.  I'm hoping someone
> here can point out what I'm doing wrong.
>
> I'm using the following configure parameters:
> ./configure --with-mpm=worker --enable-so --enable-include=shared
> --enable-userdir=shared --enable-dav --enable-deflate --enable-rewrite
> --enable-ssl
>
> And then when I make I get a ton of error messages along the lines of:
> /tmp/httpd-2.0.48/server/exports.c:1561: error: redefinition of
> `ap_hack_apr_base64_encode_len'
> /tmp/httpd-2.0.48/server/exports.c:177: error:
> `ap_hack_apr_base64_encode_len' previously defined here

This is the "path to source dir contains a symlink" problem. Set your dir
to the explicit root qualified dir and rerun configure.

"Mon aƩroglisseur est plein d'anguilles"
John P. Dodge
Boeing Shared Services