Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Dino Cherian K <in...@yahoo.com> on 2002/03/02 11:36:10 UTC

[INIMSS] Problem with IP Alias

Hi

I am trying to configure a webserver running apache-1.3.19-5, tomcat-3.2.1-1
and jdk-1.3.1_01-fcs  on  Redhat Linux 7.1 (glibc-2.2.2-10).

The scenario is that the tomcat is configured and running on the default
server perfectly. Recently I tried to add a domain with a seperate IP. I did
the following things.
 **	(1) I added the new IP (NEW_IP) in the network configuration as IP Alias
of the one and only ethernet card in the server.
 **	(2) I added the below lines in the apache's httpd.conf.

	<VirtualHost NEW_IP>
	    ServerName new-domain.com
	    ServerAlias www.new-domain.com
	    ServerAdmin webmaster@new-domain.com
	    DocumentRoot /usr/www/new-domain
	    Options Includes IncludesNOEXEC MultiViews Indexes FollowSymlinks
SymLinksIfOwnerMatch
	    JkMount /servlet/* ajp13
	    JkMount /*.jsp ajp13
	    <Location "/WEB-INF/">
	        AllowOverride None
	        deny from all
	    </Location>
	    ErrorLog logs/new-domain-error_log
	    CustomLog logs/new-domain_log common
	</VirtualHost>

 **	(3) I added the below lines in the tomcat's server.xml.
        <Host name="new-domain.com">
        <Context path=""
                 docBase="/usr/www/new-domain"
                 crossContext="true"
                 debug="0"
                 reloadable="true"
                 trusted="true" >
        </Context>
        </Host>
        <Host name="www.new-domain.com">
        <Context path=""
                 docBase="/usr/www/new-domain"
                 crossContext="true"
                 debug="0"
                 reloadable="true"
                 trusted="true" >
        </Context>
        </Host>

 **	(4) Then I copied a test.jsp and test.class into /usr/www/new-domain and
/usr/www/new-domain/servlet respectively.

 **	(5) Now I restarted the services - network, httpd and tomcat.

Then I pointed my browser to http://new-domain.com/test.jsp
It worked fine. Then to http://new-domain.com/servlet/test . This didn't
work. I gave the error message
	Not Found (404)
	Original request: /servlet/test
	Not found request: /servlet/test

Then by chance I pointed browser to http://new-domain.com/servlet/oldServlet
and it worked fine. Here the oldServlet was actually one servlet in the
servlet folder of the default server.

What should I do to get my servlets being served from the new-domain's
servlet folder itself.

Please help me ASAP.

Thanks

Dino