Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Koen Vingerhoets <ko...@ubench.com> on 2002/11/16 14:24:03 UTC

[users@httpd] Cache settings in Apache bis

Hi,

Our webenabled application needs to get rid of all cache.
We added these lines in the head of every page:
<META HTTP-EQUIV="Pragma" CONTENT="no-cache">
<META HTTP-EQUIV="cache-control" CONTENT="no-cache">
<META HTTP-EQUIV="Expires" CONTENT="-1">

One of our customers demanded to add it in the Apache, because cache worked
for him.
I added a few lines, and noticed how everything was no longer cached,
resulting in images not showing.

I commented out the headers in the pages, and changed the caching in Apache
to this, it's almost in top of the httpd.conf:

ExpiresActive on
ExpiresByType image/gif A2592000
ExpiresByType image/jpg A2592000
ExpiresByType image/jpeg A2592000
ExpiresByType text/html A2592000
ExpiresByType text/htm A2592000
ExpiresDefault "now"
Header set Cache-Control "no-store, no-cache, must-revalidate"
Header set Pragma "no-cache"

When I open www.ubcar.com, the images are still cached with an immediate
expire, instead of a month later.

I hope someone can cast some light on this.  Most of all... is my Apache
config correct???  If it is, I might need to bug IBM again hehe.  I read the
documents but I wonder whether this is the correct sequence and if there is
redundancy.
I apologize for posting this question again, but last time no one answered
:(

Thanks for any help!!

Koen