Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by JAMES VANETTEN <JV...@ALLMERICA.COM> on 2000/04/18 15:35:54 UTC

SQL to replace variables

Is it possible to replace variables within tags from a database query. Say I have a paragraph like this:

<para>The quick brown variable1 jumped over the lazy sleeping variable2</para>

and I want to replace the variable1 and variable2 from a SQL statement something like this:

"select variable1,variable2 from sometable where variable1 like urlparameter1"

The urlparameter1 is caught from the URL example:

http://localhost/index.xml?urlparameter1

The paragraph reads different depending on what parameter is sent bye the GET statement. Is this a possibility or is there some easier way of accomplishing my goal.

Thanks
Jim