Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Roberto N Nanamura <na...@acm.org> on 2006/03/12 01:45:02 UTC

Maven 2.0 and j2ee and serious work

Hi,

I use maven 1.1 in my project in Bank of America and it has been very handy.

But I reluctant to migrate to Maven 2.0 because of the lack of the j2ee
support.

It does not matter how nice and wonderful the new features of Maven 2.0 are,
at the end of day is how it can support serious work. I can play it around
for "entertainment" but I will stick to Maven 1 until I see a minimum of
enterprise level application support in Maven 2.0 (and I am including j2ee
and web services in the minimum requirement level).

If maven 2 wants to be taken seriously it MUST support j2ee and web services
otherwise maven 1.1 will stick for much longer than you expect.

Thanks for the good work on maven 1 and I hope maven 2 will improve (at lot
- with much better documentation)

Roberto N Nanamura

Re: Maven 2.0 and j2ee and serious work

Posted by Alexandre Poitras <al...@gmail.com>.
Same here.

I think the documentation is a little bit too fragmented and it
intimidated some people, they don't know where to start and they
wonder in wich order they should read the documents. Maybe you should
provide some *tracks* à la Cocoon. What do you think?

On 3/12/06, Carlos Sanchez <ca...@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi Roberto,
>
> I don't know what do you mean with "the lack of the j2ee support"
> because we are using it for web applications, ejbs, ears, web
> services,...
>
> Regards
>
> On 3/11/06, Roberto N Nanamura <na...@acm.org> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >

> > I use maven 1.1 in my project in Bank of America and it has been very handy.
> >

> > But I reluctant to migrate to Maven 2.0 because of the lack of the j2ee
> > support.
> >

> > It does not matter how nice and wonderful the new features of Maven 2.0 are,
> > at the end of day is how it can support serious work. I can play it around
> > for "entertainment" but I will stick to Maven 1 until I see a minimum of
> > enterprise level application support in Maven 2.0 (and I am including j2ee
> > and web services in the minimum requirement level).
> >

> > If maven 2 wants to be taken seriously it MUST support j2ee and web services
> > otherwise maven 1.1 will stick for much longer than you expect.
> >

> > Thanks for the good work on maven 1 and I hope maven 2 will improve (at lot
> > - with much better documentation)
> >

> > Roberto N Nanamura

>                              -- The Princess Bride

Alexandre Poitras
Québec, Canada

Re: Maven 2.0 and j2ee and serious work

Posted by Carlos Sanchez <ca...@apache.org>.
Hi Roberto,

--
I could give you my word as a Spaniard.
No good. I've known too many Spaniards.

RE: Maven 2.0 and j2ee and serious work

Posted by Vincent Massol <vm...@pivolis.com>.
Hi Roberto,

[snip]

> If maven 2 wants to be taken seriously it MUST support j2ee and web
> services
> otherwise maven 1.1 will stick for much longer than you expect.

Ok, 2 things here:

* Either you're not aware that those plugins exist: ejb, war, ear, axistool,
cargo, xdoclet1 and 2, etc

* Or you think there are features missing in them, in which case, could you
please let us know which ones exactly?

Thanks
-Vincent