Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by Hilderich <hi...@yahoo.de> on 2013/07/25 00:27:22 UTC

Web Service Endpoints in Apache Karaf 2.3.1 not accessible

Hello folks!

We have two Camel CXF Consumer Routes built. Each route is in a different
bundle
(OSGi). Theses bundles are running in Apache Karaf 2.3.1.
I have read the article on Camel Website

http://camel.apache.org/cxf-example-osgi-blueprint.html

in order to build and reach the web services correctly.
We could install the bundles inside Karaf without any error notifications
though
the web service endpoints are not reachable. Furthermore the camel context
in
each bundle was started correctly.
Pax Web was configured correctly as the article stated and all required
Karaf
features were installed also.

To be honest with a plain Apache Karaf 2.3.1 it was possible to reach all
Web Service Endpoints but with a pre-configured Apache Karaf 2.3.1 by
Talend ESB 5.3.1 it's not possible to reach these endpoints. That makes
it hard to figure out why. What other settings could prevent the cxf web
service to be accessible?

Do you have any ideas?

Cheers
Hilderich

Re: Web Service Endpoints in Apache Karaf 2.3.1 not accessible

Posted by Willem jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

It looks like a issue of Talend ESB, you should ask the question in Talend forum.

--
Willem Jiang

Red Hat, Inc.
FuseSource is now part of Red Hat
Twitter: willemjiang
Weibo: 姜宁willem

Posted by Hilderich <hi...@yahoo.de>.
Hello Christian!

You are my personal hero of the day 25th of July.
Thank you so much to give me that hint. Now all Web Services are
available because of your profound OSGi/Talend ESB knowledge.

I was aware about the different port of *8040 *in /*org.ops4j.pax.web.cfg*/
but not about the property /*org.apache.cxf.servlet.context*/ in
/*org.apache.cxf.osgi.cfg*/.

Many thanks

Posted by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>.
I forgot that the cxf servlet name is also different. By default it is
"cxf". In TESB it is "services". You can set it in
"org.apache.cxf.osgi.cfg".

You can also find these configs in my article about CXF on Karaf:
http://www.liquid-reality.de/display/liquid/2011/12/22/Karaf+Tutorial+Part+4+-+CXF+Services+in+OSGi

I have added the info about the TESB differences to my article as
problems because of these differences have hit many people before ...
including me.

Christian

Am 25.07.2013 08:39, schrieb Christian Schneider:
> The main difference between Talend ESB and Plain Karaf is that the
> default pax web http port is set differently.
> In plain karaf the web port is set to 8081 while in TESB the web port
> is 8044.
>
> Can you reach your web service on the different port? You can also
> just change the port back to the karaf default in the file
> org.ops4j.pax.web.cfg.
>
> Chrisitian
>
> Am 25.07.2013 00:27, schrieb Hilderich:
>> Hello folks!
>>
>> We have two Camel CXF Consumer Routes built. Each route is in a
>> different
>> bundle
>> (OSGi). Theses bundles are running in Apache Karaf 2.3.1.
>> I have read the article on Camel Website
>>
>> http://camel.apache.org/cxf-example-osgi-blueprint.html
>>
>> in order to build and reach the web services correctly.
>> We could install the bundles inside Karaf without any error
>> notifications
>> though
>> the web service endpoints are not reachable. Furthermore the camel
>> context
>> in
>> each bundle was started correctly.
>> Pax Web was configured correctly as the article stated and all required
>> Karaf
>> features were installed also.
>>
>> To be honest with a plain Apache Karaf 2.3.1 it was possible to reach
>> all
>> Web Service Endpoints but with a pre-configured Apache Karaf 2.3.1 by
>> Talend ESB 5.3.1 it's not possible to reach these endpoints. That makes
>> it hard to figure out why. What other settings could prevent the cxf web
>> service to be accessible?
>>
>> Do you have any ideas?
>>
>> Cheers
>> Hilderich
>>

>> --

Christian Schneider
http://www.liquid-reality.de

Open Source Architect

Re: Web Service Endpoints in Apache Karaf 2.3.1 not accessible

Posted by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>.
The main difference between Talend ESB and Plain Karaf is that the
default pax web http port is set differently.
In plain karaf the web port is set to 8081 while in TESB the web port is
8044.

Can you reach your web service on the different port? You can also just
change the port back to the karaf default in the file org.ops4j.pax.web.cfg.

Chrisitian

Am 25.07.2013 00:27, schrieb Hilderich:
> Hello folks!
>
> We have two Camel CXF Consumer Routes built. Each route is in a different
> bundle
> (OSGi). Theses bundles are running in Apache Karaf 2.3.1.
> I have read the article on Camel Website
>
> http://camel.apache.org/cxf-example-osgi-blueprint.html
>
> in order to build and reach the web services correctly.
> We could install the bundles inside Karaf without any error notifications
> though
> the web service endpoints are not reachable. Furthermore the camel context
> in
> each bundle was started correctly.
> Pax Web was configured correctly as the article stated and all required
> Karaf
> features were installed also.
>
> To be honest with a plain Apache Karaf 2.3.1 it was possible to reach all
> Web Service Endpoints but with a pre-configured Apache Karaf 2.3.1 by
> Talend ESB 5.3.1 it's not possible to reach these endpoints. That makes
> it hard to figure out why. What other settings could prevent the cxf web
> service to be accessible?
>
> Do you have any ideas?
>
> Cheers
> Hilderich