Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Ross McDonald <ro...@yahoo.co.uk> on 2010/07/12 16:42:42 UTC

Stop integration-test from executing with install phase

Hi Guys.

I would like to know if it is possible to only have integration-test execute
when it is specifically requested as a phase.  I would like it ignored upon
all subsequent phases like install.

Thanks for your help,

 -- Ross

Re: Stop integration-test from executing with install phase

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Jul 12, 2010 at 10:42 AM, Ross McDonald <ro...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> I would like to know if it is possible to only have integration-test execute
> when it is specifically requested as a phase.  I would like it ignored upon
> all subsequent phases like install.

You can't skip a phase of the lifecycle, but if the plugin has a
'skip' parameter you can use that to skip it during normal execution,
and then use a profile to have it run only when you want it to.

That is, 'integration-test' does not itself 'execute' -- it's a build
lifecycle phase in which plugins execute.  So try configuring the
plugins to do what you want them to.

--
Wendy

Re: Stop integration-test from executing with install phase

Posted by Nick Stolwijk <ni...@gmail.com>.
You cannot skip a phase, but you can add the plugins tied to that
phase to a profile and only activate the profile when executing the IT
tests.

Hth,

Nick Stolwijk
~Java Developer~

IPROFS BV.
Claus Sluterweg 125
2012 WS Haarlem
http://www.iprofs.nl

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.
And you should not run

mvn integration-test

as that does not allow for the post-integration-test phase to execute.

only ever type

mvn verify

to run integration tests if they are executed by default.

if they are part of a profile it is customary to call the profile run-its

in which case you have

mvn verify -Prun-its

HTH

-Stephen