Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Muchiutti, Carlos" <CM...@Lifelinesys.com> on 2003/04/21 14:44:15 UTC

ActionError: accessing message bundle in utility.jar

I have a resource bundle file in my utility.jar (which is common across a
couple of my Web applications).  However, when I try to access messages in
that bundle using ActionErrors/html:errors, nothing is found.  If I move the
file to my web directory (and therefore include it in my .war file),
everything works.

Does a resource bundle need to be IN the .war file in order for Struts to
"see" it?

Thanks
Carlos

Apr 21, 2003 7:49:54 AM org.apache.struts.util.PropertyMessageResources
<init>
INFO: Initializing, config='org.apache.struts.taglib.html.LocalStrings',
returnNull=true
Apr 21, 2003 7:49:54 AM org.apache.struts.util.PropertyMessageResources
<init>
INFO: Initializing, config='org.apache.struts.util.LocalStrings',
returnNull=true

Carlos Muchiutti
Lifeline Systems, Inc.
http://www.lifelinesys.com
work: (508) 988-1424
cell: (508) 380-4063
pager: cmuchiutti@vtext.com

Re: ActionError: accessing message bundle in utility.jar

Posted by Nagendra Kumar O V S <na...@ikigo.com>.
HI,
The resource bundle does't always need to be in the .war file. if u give the
correct  path of the resource bundle  in ur web.xml , there should be no
problem for struts to load ur bundle. so make sure u have put the bundle in
a package structure and defined it in ur web.xml
like,

part of web.xml
       <init-param>
         <param-name>application</param-name>
         <param-value>resources.ApplicationResources</param-value>
       </init-param>

Here, i placed my "ApplicationResources" in a package structure of
resources"

bye.