Posted to dev@continuum.apache.org by Marcelo Fukushima <ta...@gmail.com> on 2007/01/09 04:27:44 UTC

continuum-store and JDO

hello folks! i sent a couple of emails to the user list, but i guess i
could help a little too, right? so i just checked out the code from
SVN and wanted to tackle
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/CONTINUUM-1103
while i could isolate the bug (the property is not getting persisted
on the db) but since i know almost nothing about jdo, i cant run the
tests inside eclipse to try to figure out the solution and i couldnt
find where the metadata file or the enhanced version of the classes
are found...
is there any doc that can help me with that kinda of info? thanks in advance
--
[]'s
Marcelo Takeshi Fukushima

Re: continuum-store and JDO

Posted by Rahul Thakur <ra...@gmail.com>.
The metadata mapping (.jdo) file can be found under
target/generated-classes/META-INF when you run:

 > mvn clean install

on continuum-model.

Besides, you can also choose to enhance the model class explicitly by

 > mvn jpox:enhance

I have seen some annoyances running tests in Eclipse, most of them
pertain to enhanced classes not being on classpath. I usually ensure
that continuum-model JAR is sourced from the local M2 repo.

HTH,

Rahul

Re: continuum-store and JDO

Posted by Marcelo Fukushima <ta...@gmail.com>.
On 1/12/07, Rahul Thakur <ra...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Marcelo Fukushima wrote:

> >> This is a known issue. I think its to do with locale settings.
> >
> > ive attached a patch that i think solves this one (it actually uses
> > the same charset encoding in the writer by using a OutputStreamWriter
> > ( FileOutputStream, Charset )
> >
> > i know this test passes to me now but itd be great if anyone else
> > could test it in a diff env (maybe other jdks and os's)
> >
> > http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/ManageAttachments.jspa?id=45956
>
> Thanks! I will take it for a spin (hopefully shortly) though i am on
> Windows XP as well. Yep, it might be a good idea if we can get it to run
> on another machine as well.

> >> You mean the nodes _do_ exist _but_ in a different order.  Can you point
> >> me to the test that is showing this behaviour?
> >
> > exactly... ill generate it again, but i think the id tag gets
> > switched... its in the DataManagementToolTest inside the
> > continuum-data-management module
>
> Cool, will have a look when I get back home. I came across a different
> behaviour with HashMap key ordering in JDK 6.  I suspect if its
> something similar in this case.

probably yeah... should i raise a jira issue? the fix is to compare
the DOM structure of the xmls instead of the string representation

> > btw i cant seen to compile from maven: it gives me an Access Denied
> > Exception on some random directories (im compiling and running the
> > tests from inside eclipse)
>
> Do you have continuum checkout on your drive's root or nested a few
> levels in another directory ?

yup in the root of my driver... the weird thing is: the problem occurs
totally randomly and sometimes not at all... it happens while
exploding the war and only if i run tasks that package it from the
continuum-parent - it doesnt happen when i run from inside the webapp
module

its very confusing to me, but i suspect it is related to this messy filesystem

--
[]'s
Marcelo Takeshi Fukushima

Re: continuum-store and JDO