Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Jeff Eastman <je...@windwardsolutions.com> on 2008/05/22 18:36:21 UTC

Users Group Meeting Slides

I uploaded the slides from my Mahout overview to our wiki
(http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAHOUT/FAQ) along with
another recent talk by Isabel Drost. Both are similar in content but
their differences reflect the rapid evolution of the project in the
month that separates them in time. After I got home I worried a bit that
I had skipped over too much of the material in an effort to keep it brief.

Thanks to Yahoo! for hosting the meeting and providing beer and pizza
for the 50 or so friends of Hadoop who attended. I thought the meeting
was fun and informative and a great way to begin to associate faces and
richer personalities with the names that fly through my in box. For
those of you who were not able to attend, the meeting was quite informal
and we got brief, mostly extemporaneous, updates of some of the projects
that were on the agenda at the recent Hadoop Summit: Hadoop 0.17, HBase,
Pig, Zookeeper, Mahout, ...

In the wrapup, people seemed to like this agenda and I think Ajay plans
to continue with the same general format in subsequent monthly meetings.
Due to the informality, I did not take notes. Perhaps the other
presenters can post summaries of their updates for the wider community's
appreciation.

Jeff

Re: Users Group Meeting Slides

Posted by Tanton Gibbs <ta...@gmail.com>.
Excellent!  Thanks!

Posted by Lukas Vlcek <lu...@gmail.com>.

--
http://blog.lukas-vlcek.com/

Re: Users Group Meeting Slides

Posted by Jeff Eastman <je...@windwardsolutions.com>.
Hi Tanton,

We have canopy and kmeans in trunk that you are welcome to use
(https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/mahout/trunk). Please post any
usability questions you may have or suggestions for improvements to the
Mahout user list (mahout-dev@lucene.apache.org). There is some
documentation on the wiki
(http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAHOUT/Canopy+Clustering)
and you can inspect the unit tests for more information. I'm in the
process of building some examples and those will get committed to trunk
in a week or so.

Smooth sailing,
Jeff

Posted by Ted Dunning <td...@veoh.com>.
See here:  http://cwiki.apache.org/MAHOUT/howtocontribute.html

Particularly the "getting the source" section.

Posted by Tanton Gibbs <ta...@gmail.com>.