Posted to dev@hivemind.apache.org by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> on 2004/07/27 13:43:06 UTC

Compilation errors with javassist's CVS HEAD

Hi,

while building hivemind against the CVS HEAD version of javassist I
get:

    [javac] /javastuff/gump/jakarta-hivemind/framework/src/java/org/apache/hivemind/service/impl/CtClassSource.java:79: cannot resolve symbol
    [javac] symbol  : method write (java.lang.String)
    [javac] location: class javassist.ClassPool
    [javac]             _pool.write(className);
    [javac]                  ^
    [javac] /javastuff/gump/jakarta-hivemind/framework/src/java/org/apache/hivemind/service/impl/CtClassSource.java:81: cannot resolve symbol
    [javac] symbol  : method write (java.lang.String)
    [javac] location: class javassist.ClassPool
    [javac]             byte[] bytecode = _pool.write(className);

It also won't compile against javassist 3.0beta(2).  Are there any
plans to upgrade to javassist 3.0 or should I stick with 2.6 for now?

Stefan