Posted to hdfs-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Xiao Chen <xi...@cloudera.com> on 2017/08/14 18:52:04 UTC

Why aren't delegation token operations audit logged?

Hello,

When inspecting the code, I found that the following methods in
FSNamesystem are not audit logged:

   - getDelegationToken
   - renewDelegationToken
   - cancelDelegationToken

The audit log itself does have a logTokenTrackingId
<https://github.com/apache/hadoop/blob/branch-3.0.0-alpha4/hadoop-hdfs-project/hadoop-hdfs/src/main/java/org/apache/hadoop/hdfs/server/namenode/FSNamesystem.java#L7432>
field
to additionally log some details when a token is used for authentication.
But why aren't the token operations themselves audit logged?

I checked with ATM hoping for some history, but no known to him. Anyone
know the reason to not audit log these?

Thanks,
-Xiao

Re: Why aren't delegation token operations audit logged?

Posted by Xiao Chen <xi...@cloudera.com>.
Thanks a lot Daryn! Filed https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HDFS-12300.

-Xiao